Thursday 26 January 2012

Children’s Drama Editing Evaluation


I worked with Seditn and Ann-Marie for this task, to create a five minute drama. There was Ryan in the group as well but then he changed courses and so it was just us three instead.

 
First we clicked onto Premire Pro and went onto new project and then when it came to settings it's important to know the right ones so the clips are able to play properly.


When you are clicking onto the settings - click on PAL as it is the UK's format. NTSC is America's so you don't want that unless you are planning to move to the states. The it is best to click on "Widescreen 48kHz" to get the best of watching the clip when it's done.





When it come to a empty project is when we download the videos from all the clips we filmed in order to piece together our Children's Drama. We didn't see it at the time but we didn't organised the clips into folders so whenever we wanted top use a clip, we had to scroll down and find the one we were looking for and maybe next time in the next group the clips will be better organised to get the best use of the editing.



When we began editing I was first one up to edit. Usually any evil assistant would laugh at anything his master does so I wanted to add the funny in between the lesson scene with mid-shot of that. At the time I thought it was a funny thing to add for the Drama because children like to laugh at anything that is funny.



Ann-Marie used the After Effects for this to create the "appearing" effect for the spider. At first I thought the creepy "incy wincy spider" song with this would be good but after some research of sounds on the interest, it was then the "Da Da DAAA" sound effect sounded a lot more better.



Now this is where I wished I knew how to use After Effects, Ann Marie did a great job with the floating scroll in this scene but then it was said that the other scene couldn't be done so we had one scene that made the string totally gone and the other scene looked a lot like Thunderbirds because the strings were in plain sights.



This was good for Children's Drama we decided and with was a while later when  I remembered the Pink Panther theme and thoguht it would be good for this so I suggested to the other two and they argeed so it was good.


With park scene, we all different ways and it was getting harder when it came to editing because one scene shot lasts 46 seconds so we tried all sorts of ways to include the dialogue and at the same time, edit some out - it wasn't easy. So we added some pictures Ann-Marie took of the trees and added a few tricks of the After Effects - we added them as clues for the drama. We took turns and talk a lot about what would work and would not by trimming it, cutting it and used a few special effects to make it. Sometimes when you too hard on a scene to make it work, it somehow doesn't. I can't explain why - it just feel like that.




This clip is properly my most favourite (and most proud) as I filmed this myself, I had an film image in my head about the camera rotating around the lost person so I was glad that I got to do that.I added the sound effect that would create the dramatic "oh gosh I'm lost" affect along with a "boom boom" effect that almost sounds like a deeply disturbed heartbeatt


FINAL OUTCOME

Not the best in the world but I learn a lot from it and I hope to get to use the after effect a bit more in the future or at least learn how to understand how certain things work to create clips that make people go "WOW"

When it comes to editing it best that everyone is present so that when the project is finally shown the team would not be confused of what the story is.

No comments:

Post a Comment