Sunday 30 October 2011

Changes are Tough!!!!

Like the title says - changes are tough but sometimes they can be OK. This half term I can't say I had a break as I'm either working, packing, moving and - well more work!

I can say that I had a good day on Monday cos I went to see the new Tin Tin movie - love it of course and then on Wednesday 26th I went all the way to London, traveled the tube, went to Foyles Bookshop and...........meet Cassandra Clare!!!! And Sarah Rees Brennan!!!! They are both fantasy fiction authors - my favourite genre when it comes to reading as well as movies and video games and they are such fab and lovely people!! I have read all of Cassandra's books (well that IS the reason I went in the first place!) and I only heard about Sarah when I looked at the website about the event and I read the first chapter online and - loved it so I bought the first book "The Demon Lexicon" to get it signed as well as two of my favourites - City of Bones and City of Glass.

The best thing about waiting your turn is speaking to people who not only love the same books as you do but other things like Anime, Manga and other authors as well! I met a group of very groovey fans! When it was my turn the first thing that Cassandra said to me was how much she loved my goodies bag (there was a mask competition and I won a big bag of books and stuff) and she and Sarah said lots of stuff about writing as I'm a fantasy fiction author and it all over too soon. It was all so good I want to do it all again and I heard there may be one in May so when in doubt I'll go to that! Man was it a good day.

On a after note like I said changes are hard, toough, draining, stressful but - they can be good if you keep an open mind - even if it takes a long time and I'm still getting used to it.




On the left is Cassandra Clare, me in the middle and Sarah Rees Brennan on the right. My books are in view too!! 

1 comment:

  1. Suppose Changes are tough but managing to go through it all and keeping strong, it will only make you even more tougher.Plus making you more prepared for more work or challenges. :)

    ReplyDelete